Up and Running (3 hour, online)
Transitioning to teaching from a distance
During this online workshop, experienced educators will learn to prioritize their efforts in connecting with their students from a distance. The transition to the online classroom can be overwhelming for both teacher and student, but this workshop helps take the initial shock to a manageable level. During this 3 hour workshop, you'll learn from experienced online educators how to quickly establish communications, maintain a rapport, and engage students to maximize the success of the transition to online learning.
Participants will be able to:
- Establish positive communications with all students in order to maintain the student teacher connection.
- Engage students in their education from a distance.
- Share educational information with students and parents from a central location.
- Use personalized communication to assess individual student well being as needed.
- Describe ways to provide self-care for themselves in order not to get overwhelmed.
This course was created by Jennifer Fribush, Coordinator for Professional Development at the Vermont Virtual Learning Cooperative. She can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org. This course is free for use for educators.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.